The course focuses on practical programming needs arising when dealing with large datasets, multiple data sources and the programming tools which may help in routinising complex tasks and automating pieces of your work.
Specifically designed for large datasets analyses, automatising repetitive tasks efficiently, you will be able to make your Stata programs execute more efficiently and time will be devoted to your specific programming needs during the course. Hands-on sessions with exercises and automatisation of your own work, you are welcome to bring your datasets and programs.
Taking place 27 - 30 May & 4 - 7 November 2019
Training Course Prices:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place.
Day 1 – Managing data efficiently with programming elements
- Session 1: Stata Overview, Managing Working sessions, Data management, extended functions for generating new variables
- Session 2: Scalars and Matrices, Manipulating stored results and creating output tables
- Session 3: Programming basics, Macros
- Session 4: Practical session #1
Day 2 – Introduction to Stata programming
- Session 1: Extended macro functions, Looping and Conditional statements
- Session 2: Building Do-files with program elements, Temporary files, Preserving data and recovering data
- Session 3: Passing Arguments to Do files, Program in do-files
- Session 4: Practical session #2
Day 3 – Advanced Stata programming
- Session 1: Writing own programs and creating new commands; Use of arguments and syntax, Generic Ado files, Debugging
- Session 2: Automatising output, data and reporting
- Session 3: Interacting with APIs for adding information
- Session 4: Practical session #3
Day 4 – Visualisation tools
- Session 1: Customising graph elements, Layering and combining multiple graphs
- Session 2: Special graphs with programming elements
- Session 3: Visualising spatial data with geographical maps
- Session 4: Practical session #4
- A Prior knowledge of Stata is assumed.
- Some prior experience of Stata programming is assumed for the advanced part of the course
Terms & Conditions
- Student registrations: Attendees must provide proof of full time student status at the time of booking to qualify for student registration rate (valid student ID card or authorised letter of enrolment).
- Additional discounts are available for multiple registrations.
- Cost includes course materials, lunch and refreshments.
- Attendees are provided with temporary licences for the software(s) used in the course and will be instructed to download and install the software prior to the start of the course. Alternatively, we can also provide laptops for an additional cost of £12.00 per day.
- If you need assistance in locating hotel accommodation in the region, please notify us at the time of booking.
- Payment of course fees required prior to the course start date.
- Registration closes 5-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- 100% fee returned for cancellations made over 28-calendar days prior to start of the course.
- 50% fee returned for cancellations made 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- No fee returned for cancellations made less than 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
The number of seats available is restricted. Please register early to guarantee your place.