This one-day course covers essential data management and analysis using Stata. It starts with an introduction to the Stata environment (windows and help), then proceeds to how Stata imports and defines cross-section observations, time series observations and panel data. The course then discusses types of variables, labels, conditional and restrictive statements, as well as transformations to variables, data sets, and subsets. The course also shows how to summarize and present univariate and multivariate data, both graphically and in tabular forms. Bivariate tests of association are also discussed. Participants will be able to manage data and conduct exploratory analysis. They will acquire the knowledge that will allow them to independently learn more features of Stata.
- 50% demonstration and 50% practical
- Stata windows
- Stata help and community resources
- Identifying and organizing data by type
- Importing and exporting
- Numeric variables, strings, and dates
- Logical expressions
- Stata windows
- Data-handling commands
- Transformation functions (egen)
- Reshaping, merging and appending data
- Descriptive statistics
- Bivariate tests
- A gentle introduction to Stata. Alan Acock. Stata Press.
Arrival & Registration
No knowledge of Stata is required
Knowledge of using another statistical package is an advantage
Terms and Conditions
- Student registrations: Attendees must provide proof of full time student status at the time of booking to qualify for student registration rate (valid student ID card or authorised letter of enrolment).
- Additional discounts are available for multiple registrations.
- Delegates are provided with temporary licences for the software(s) used in the course and will be instructed to download and install the software prior to the start of the course.
- Payment of course fees required prior to the course start date.
- Registration closes 1-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- 100% fee returned for cancellations made over 28-calendar days prior to start of the course.
- 50% fee returned for cancellations made 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- No fee returned for cancellations made less than 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.