Beginners or occasional users of Stata who want to progress to writing more efficient and reliable programs will benefit from this course. You will learn how to save time and avoid errors. We will also share tips and tricks to get your programs to check for various potential problems, so that it carries on working with new data and requires less maintenance. We also look at how these techniques are especially valuable when applied to "big data".
This is a web based training course, which is delivered and offers the same content as our public attendance classroom courses, with more convenience and without the travelling costs. Our web based courses are interactive but you attend at from a location of your choice, whether it is your home, office or remote location.
The course runs from 13.00 - 17.00 (UK Time)
Our web based training course FAQ's can be viewed here.
Click here to view the full course agenda
You will learn how to save time and avoid errors by writing bespoke commands for your own use, getting Stata to loop through your data for repetitive work, and including automated checks to keep Stata running smoothly.
By the end of the course, all participants will feel comfortable undertaking the following tasks:
- Automating repetitive and time-consuming tasks
- How to provide non-technical colleagues with a Stata analysis they can easily run
- Using Stata’s loop functions to save you time and work with big data
- Protecting your automated analysis against common data issues
- Understand how to create your own Stata commands
Return to menu
- Intermediate knowledge/use of Stata is required
Terms & Conditions
- Student registrations: Attendees must provide proof of full time student status at the time of booking to qualify for student registration rate (valid student ID card or authorised letter of enrolment).
- Additional discounts are available for multiple registrations.
- Cost includes course materials that will be posted to you prior to the start of the course.
- Delegates are provided with temporary licences for the software(s) used in the course and will be instructed to download and install the software prior to the start of the course.
- Payment of course fees required prior to the course start date.
- Registration closes 5-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- 100% fee returned for cancellations made over 28-calendar days prior to start of the course.
- 50% fee returned for cancellations made 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- No fee returned for cancellations made less than 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.