Our web based Getting Started with EViews course provides a complete introduction to EViews and is ideal for the new or beginner level user who wants to have a head start and learn how to use EViews efficiently for a range of econometric questions.
The course runs from 13.00 - 17.00 (UK Time)
The course provides a comprehensive introduction to EViews, the most user friendly and powerful econometric software in the analysis of time series data. Taking a “learning-by-doing” approach, we aim to turn novice users into confident ones employing plenty of examples and a constant stream of challenging exercises. The course concentrates on understanding the basic syntax, creating workfiles and using efficiently the comprehensive help documentation and examples. Specific attention is given to importing data set from other formats and setting up exportable algorithms . Participants leave with the know-how and courage to independently solve their own econometric puzzles.
The course is intentionally flexible. The agenda emerges dynamically and depends on the group’s prior background and knowledge of EViews. By the end of the course, all participants will feel comfortable undertaking the following tasks:
- Opening, browsing, saving and importing datasets
- Renaming, labelling, ordering and creating variables
- Listing data and basic command syntax
- Creating basic tables and graphs
- Saving and printing output
- Automating tasks with EViews algorithms.
This course has a learning ratio of approximately 80% practical to 20% theory.
- Adkins L.C , Hill R.C - Using EViews for principle of Econometrics (Chapter 1, paragraph 1, optional)
- Adkins L.C , Hill R.C - Using EViews for principle of Econometrics (Chapter 1)
No prior knowledge of EViews is needed. Analytical thinking is required.
Terms and Conditions
- Student registrations: Attendees must provide proof of full time student status at the time of booking to qualify for student registration rate (valid student ID card or authorised letter of enrolment).
- Additional discounts are available for multiple registrations.
- Delegates are provided with temporary licences for the software(s) used in the course and will be instructed to download and install the software prior to the start of the course.
- Payment of course fees required prior to the course start date.
- Registration closes 1-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- 100% fee returned for cancellations made over 28-calendar days prior to start of the course.
- 50% fee returned for cancellations made 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- No fee returned for cancellations made less than 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.