Dr. Ramla Jarrar
to download the C.V. in pdf formatEmployment Summary
Managing Director at MASS
Sep 2013 - Present
Head of Econometrics at MEC (WPP group)
- Founder and Managing Director of MASS (Modelling Analytics and Software Solutions): www.mass-analytics.com
- Professor at MSB (Strategic Marketing, Data Mining, Marketing and Communication, Business Statistics, Digital Marketing, Marketing Analytics…)
Jan 2012 - Aug 2013 (U.K.)
Directed and developed Marketing Effectiveness Analytics (MMM) through the MEC network.
Responsible for the biggest MMM portfolio of clients
Partner at Ohal (WPP group)
Sep 2010 – Dec 2011 (U.K.)
Head of MENA and France Business Development at Ohal (WPP group)
- Headed consultant teams to run end-to-end marketing analytics projects and delivered excellent service to clients in U.K, France, and Scandinavia…
- Presented complex information and communicated project results to people at all levels including nontechnical business people
- Liaised with other WPP companies to ensure efficient communication between Ohal and the WPP group and identify business opportunities.
- Participated in shaping Ohal strategy and Ohal marketing strategy for the year
Jan 2010 - Aug 2010 (U.K.)
Associate Director at Ohal (WPP group)
- Prospected and developed Marketing Analytics Business opportunities in the MENA region and France.
- Set up Ohal France office in partnership with KR Media
- Directed end-to-end Econometrics project to assist clients globally in understanding what drives sales and profits, forecast the impact from different investment scenarios and optimise future investments for better returns.
- Provided strategic insight and actionable solutions based on thorough analysis of different sources of information: tracking surveys, panel data, econometric analysis of sales, qualitative research…
- Helped clients maximise Return on Investments and improve marketing budget efficiency by 20%, typically.
- Managed and developed long term client relationship and improved client retention.
Jan 2007 - Dec 2009 (U.K.)
Project Manager at Ohal (WPP group)
- Assisted clients strategically and provided ongoing consultancy on different aspects of their marketing: ROI Analysis, Budget Optimisation, Media Laydown, Sales and KPI Forecasting, Media Synergy and Customer Segmentation.
- Managed and Directed Marketing Response Projects across a wide range of U.K. and global clients covering different industries
- Coordinated internal resources to achieve project objectives and optimised time allocation to increase project profitability.
- Recruited annual Ohal intake of trainees, analysts and senior analysts.
- Managed the personal development and career path of the team.
- Developed Ohal marketing and communication strategy: advertising material, Ohal credentials, client communication, Ohal participation to the Marketing Insight Show (Europe's largest research exhibition)...
Jan 2006 - Dec 2006 (U.K.)
Senior Lecturer at University of Greenwich
- Managed various marketing consultancy projects across different industries.
- Used advanced market research techniques (econometrics, factor analysis, clustering...) to provide strategic recommendations to clients.
- Advised clients on different marketing areas and helped improve performance.
- Developed training sessions for new Ohal employees and trained new employees on both marketing and technical aspects of the business.
- Earned an early promotion to the position of Associate Director.
- Received encouragement bonus for exceptional performance
Nov 2004 - Dec 2005 (U.K.)
Project Manager at Maîtrise-Conseil Consulting
- Gave advanced lectures to MBA and MA students: Research Methods, Marketing Communications, Statistics…
- Supervised MBA and MA final year project.
- Received excellent evaluation from the Marketing Department for communications skills, quality of course material and classroom pedagogy.
Jun 2002 - May 2004 (Canada)
Consultant at Maîtrise-Conseil Consulting
- Planned, coordinated and implemented various marketing research projects for Canadian and International companies: L’Oreal, Bombardier, Enterprise…
Jun 2000 - May 2002(Canada)
Ph.D. in Quantitative Methods & Marketing - HEC Business School - University of Montreal
- Performed market research projects for different companies including Hydro-Quebec, Uniprix Pharmacy, Rosemont College, Eureka Café:
- Devised and implemented end-to-end quantitative research projects: questionnaire design, data analysis using sophisticated statistical methods (e.g. factor analysis, conjoint analysis, multivariate regressions, variance analysis, market segmentation, perceptual mapping …) and reporting.
- Carried out qualitative research projects (e.g. focus groups, in depth interviews...) and secondary data analysis (e.g. environment and competition analysis, consumers’ decision making process, consumers’ motivations and perceptions…)
Jan 2001 - Oct 2004 (Canada)
M.Sc. in Quantitative Marketing - HEC Business School - University of Montreal
- Distinction: Excellent (4.06, in North American system) equivalent to a first class honours degree.
- Courses: Data Analysis, Marketing Research, Quantitative Models in Marketing, Game theory, Dynamic Optimization, Linear Programming, Co-Measurement Factors Analysis, Foundations of scholarship and communication’ skills /Pedagogy.
- Honours & Awards: National Ph.D. Scholarship from the Tunisian government, Business School award for publication in a category A international journal ‘Management Science’, the Ph.D. department Excellency fellowship, the Dean of School Excellency fellowship.
Sep 1999 - Dec 2000 (Canada)
B.Sc. in Business Administration, option Marketing - IHEC Business School
- Distinction: First class honours degree.
- Honours: Recognized one of the best students by the marketing department and promoted for early Ph.D. studies.
- Awards: Excellency scholarship from the Business School.
Sep 1995 - Jun 1999 (Tunisia)
- Distinction: First class honours degree.
- Honours: Recognized the first student in marketing nationwide and awarded National Scholarship from the Tunisian government for Master studies.
- English, French and Arabic: fluent.
- Breton M., R. Jarrar, and G. Zaccour. "Feedback Sequential Equilibria in a Lanchester Model with Empirical Application". Management Science, May 2006. (Also published in the series "Les Cahiers du GERAD" - Canada).
- Jarrar R., G. Martín-Herrán, and G. Zaccour. "Markov Perfect Equilibrium Advertising Strategies of Lanchester Duopoly Model". Management Science, July 2004. (Also published in the series "Les Cahiers du GERAD" - Canada).
- Jarrar R., G. Martín-Herrán, and G. Zaccour (2004). "Markov Perfect Equilibrium strategies and marketing investments allocation in a multi-instrument Lanchester Duopoly.
- Jarrar R., G. Martín-Herrán, and G. Zaccour (2004). "Numerical Analysis of Optimal Advertising
Strategies in Duopolistic Competition". ‘Optimization Days’, 10-12 Mai 2004, Montreal-Canada.
- Jarrar R., G. Martín-Herrán, and G. Zaccour (2004). "Markov Perfect Equilibrium Advertising
Strategies of Lanchester Duopoly". ‘Marketing Science Conference’, 23-26 June 2004, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- Breton M., R. Jarrar, and G. Zaccour (2003). "Empirical Analysis of a Lanchester Model with Asymmetric Players".
EURO/INFORMS, July 6-10, Istanbul-Turkey.
- Breton M., R. Jarrar, and G. Zaccour (2003). "Empirical Study of Optimal Advertising in a Stackelberggame".
Optimization Days, Mai 10-12, Montreal-Canada.
- Breton M., R. Jarrar, and G. Zaccour (2002). "Studying Feedback Stackelberg equilibrium in aduopoly: empirical application". Workshop on Optimal