We're hiring! - Statistician / Econometrician
Overview of Timberlake Consultants Limited
We are a global brand with over thirty years of experience and expertise as a supplier of statistics, econometric and forecasting software, the delivery of quality training programmes and consultancy services. We provide a total solution to our diverse range of clients across the fields of statistics, econometrics, forecasting, operational research and mathematics.
The software packages that Timberlake support, distribute and provide training courses are as follows:
Stata, EViews, OxMetrics, Forecast Pro, NVivo, GAUSS, StatGraphics, Scientific Word, Workplace & Notepad, WhatsBest, LINGO, LINDO API...
The Unique Opportunity:
Due to continuing company success and expansion plans, we are looking to appoint a statistician or econometrician to operate within our training and consulting categories. These categories have grown significantly over the last three years and we are looking to provide further dedicated resource to this area of our business.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for identifying opportunities both in training, consultancy within the UK and internationally.
The opportunity gives exposure to academia with the high-profile associates that work with us
The other aspect of the opportunity is very commercial with consultancy projects and identifying tenders so the role is very unique giving exposure to industry as well as academia.
The role is based in our London Head Office, however responsibilities will extend to our international opffices located in UAE (Dubai), USA (New York), Portugal (Lisbon), Spain (Seville), Brazil (Sao Paulo), Poland (Warsaw) & Japan so a willingness to travel abroad is required.
- Essential to be familiar in the use of Stata, EViews or OxMetrics software packages.
- Desirable but not essential to have programming ability in statistical and econometric software packages such as Stata, EViews & OxMetrics
- Ability to handle & organise data sets
- Ability to write proposals, reports, academic papers
- Provide training onsite and public attendance in Stata, EViews, OxMetrics and other packages that Timberlake distribute
- Provide teaching support to our academic associates at their public attendance & summer school courses
- Provide technical support onsite and remotely on the software packages that are held within our portfolio.
- Support the technical aspect of the business for all Timberlake international offices.
- Demonstrations of the software packages that Timberlake Group distribute on site with clients and also remotely.
- Directly contribute towards delivery of consulting projects, demonstrating specialist industry knowledge
The successful candidate will have some experience in research and consulting projects and will have been involved with the delivery of training / teaching of statistics of econometrics. You are pro-active, organised, methodical and you should work innovatively in time restricted conditions. An understanding of academia and commercial sectors using econometrics, statistics & forecasting is an advantage. You should have a working knowledge of either Stata, EViews & OxMetrics software packages.
- Undergraduate degree in statistics, economics or mathematics
- Postgraduate degree (or working towards a PG degree) in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics or Mathematics
- Fluent English language skills
- Ability to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Willingness to extend skills, especially in statistical and econometric methods
- Experience in being involved with the delivery of training in statistics, econometrics and forecasting (and relevant software packages)
- Knowledge of Econometric, Statistical & Forecasting software's and in particular Stata, EViews & OxMetrics.
- Experience of analysing key market information/data, and summarising/presenting key findings.
- Ability to forge/maintain key client relationships and effectively manage strategic business partnerships.
- Able to conduct detailed business needs analysis and deliver the relevant research/consulting solution.
- An analytical thought process with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work autonomously and also collaboratively in a team environment.
Our remuneration packages reflect our belief that outstanding performance should be rewarded, and this role will be based on a profit share agreement.
If you are interested in working in a fast paced, international, dynamic and rewarding work environment and you meet the requirements of this role, please forward your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the position to email@example.com.
Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.