OverviewToxTools is a solution for modeling and testing data from dose-response studies, and for estimating Benchmark Dose Levels (BMD's). The package provides modern, sophisticated modeling and estimation algorithms for fitting dose response data as part of a modern suite of graphical and numeric analysis tools for toxicological risk assessment.
With ToxTools, you can choose from a variety of standard dose response model forms for binary and continuous responses. Unique to ToxTools are models for multivariate arrays of mixed discrete/continuous end-points, as well as the ability to accommodate correlated data such as that arising in studies of litters or clusters.
Quantitative risk estimation based on the popular Benchmark Dose methodology is easily achieved from any of the available dose response models, including recent methodological advances for defining risk from multiple outcomes. In addition to classical procedures for conducting group comparisons and tests of trend, the software incorporates new methodology for exact trend tests that apply in cases where sample sizes are small.
The major capabilities of ToxTools are the following:
- Availability of all standard dose response models (one-hit, logit, probit, Weibull and more).
- Linear, polynomial and power regression models for continuous outcomes.
- Dose response assessment of simultaneous and hierarchical multiple outcomes.
- Analysis of correlated data using generalized estimating equations (GEE).
- Trend and pairwise tests for binary or continuous outcomes.
- Exact tests of trend for both uncorrelated and correlated outcomes in small data sets.
- Single and multiple outcome risk estimation using Benchmark Dose methodology, with several methods for lower limit calculations.
- Simple dialogs for model specification, intelligent recall to modify previous runs and check sensitivity to modeling assumptions.
- Data summarization and exploratory graphics, tailored to the analysis of dose response data. Workbook-style interface for organization and comparison of results.
- Publication quality graphics.
- Powerful, Excel-like data editor with variable creation, transformation, and case subsetting.
- Imports SAS, EGRET, ASCII, NTP and many other file formats.
|Comparison of ToxTools and BMDS|
|Handles both individual and grouped data *||Yes||No|
|Sophisticated, modern interface to define & fit model||Yes||No|
|Easy to plot data||Yes||No|
|Integrated environment for text and graphic output||Yes||No|
|Developmental Tox. Model for Clustered Data||Yes||No|
|Provides GEE Models||Yes||No|
|Easy to rerun same data with new model||Yes||No|
|Easy back and forth between model and BMD calculation||Yes||No|
|Tabulation of BMDs for "what if" analysis||Yes||No|
|Parameter tables give Z and P-values for all models||Yes||No|
|Includes descriptive statistics||Yes||No|
|Capable of dynamic plots||Yes||No|
|Shows exact BMDL curve||Yes||No|
|* Handles individual data only for continuous data.|
- An 80486 processor or higher
- 64MB of RAM
- 25MB of available hard-disk space
- CD ROM drive
- Windows 9x
- Windows ME
- Windows NT®
- Windows 2000
PricesCommercial: Â£425.00. Maintenance, Printed Manuals & Upgrades are Not Available.
Academic: Â£275.00. Maintenance, Printed Manuals & Upgrades are Not Available.
All Prices Exclude VAT and Shipping Charges.
Discounts are available for multi user purchases. Please Contact Us to discuss your requirements.