Current Version: PcTeX 6
PcTeX provides a typesetting software solution that will enable users to publish documents, formulas, equations, and thoughts in a professional format and with book-quality detail.
PcTeX is easy to use: you type the source document in the editor, then PcTeX produces the typeset document to view and print. All of the needed functions, the editor, the formatter, and the viewer, are integrated in PcTeX.
The source document is written in a markup language called LaTeX. PcTeX offers some new and intuitive tools that will help you spend less time dealing with LaTeX markup and more time concentrating on your writing. If you are unfamiliar with TeX and LaTeX the Internet offers a wide variety of sources to help you get started. There is a wide variety of books available on the subject as well.
In addition to all the features available in PcTeX, PcTex Professional also offers wizards for graphics, page style and package options.
The PcTeX Reader is a FREE copy of PcTeX capable of displaying and printing LaTeX and TeX files. This is included in PcTeX and PcTeX Professional.
In addition to the fonts in PcTeX, you can purchase additional fonts - MathTime™ and Lucida®
Watch Introduction to PcTeX (Video, requires high-speed connection)
System RequirementsThe minimum system requirements state the minimal specification your computer must have to be able to use the software. A more powerful system may be required for certain tasks or larger projects.
- Requires Windows 2000, XP, Vista.
- Athlon/Pentium or compatible computer.
- Any Windows supported monitor, graphics card, and printer.
- 64MB RAM and 50MB disk space.
- Internet connection required for license activation
PricesThese products are available through downloads. After ordering and paying for the products, you will receive an email with the download instructions. All prices listed below exclude VAT.
|PcTeX 6 Professional||£125.00||£55.00|
|PCTeX 6 Professional + MathTime™Pro 2 Lite fonts||Included||Included|
|PCTeX 6 + MathTime™Pro 2 Lite fonts||£70.00||£50.00|
|PCTeX 6 Professional+ MathTime™Pro 2 Complete fonts||£215.00||£115.00|
|PCTeX 6 + MathTime™Pro 2 Complete fonts||£140.00||£85.00|
|PCTeX 6 Professional+ Lucida® fonts||£180.00||£110.00|
|PCTeX 6 + Lucida® fonts||£110.00||£75.00|
Extra FontsLucida fonts
Lucida, first intorduced by Charles Bigelow and Kris Holmes in 1984, is a family of harmonized typefaces that includes a variety of styles: seriffed and sans-serif, roman and italic, normal and bold weights, scripts, blackletter, icons, and symbols. This extra-large family of type styles is often called a "super-family" or "extended-family" because it extends beyond the usual font family that contains just roman and italic, normal and bold. Because of the richness and variety of its different styles, Lucida allows new forms of typography for electronic communication, printing and publishing. Between all the different Lucida styles, the capital heights, x-heights (height of a lower-case x), and main stem weights are coordinated. Lucida makes it easy for users to achieve variety and harmony by mixing and matching different fonts in the same text and page. The designed coordination of so many different styles means that when different Lucida fonts are used together, the effect is lively and interesting but without the confusion of randomly mingled and uncoordinated fonts.
MTPro 2MathTime Professional 2 (MTPro2) fonts may be used in place of Computer Modern fonts (the standard TeX fonts) in any LaTeX or TeX document. Just add a line or two to your source document, and your math fonts will be replaced by MathTime Professional fonts. MTPro2 fonts were designed by Michael Spivak of Publish or Perish Inc.
MTPro 2 is available in two versions:
- MathTime Professional 2 (MTPro2) "Complete" version provides a complete math typesetting environment.
- MathTime Professional 2 (MTPro2) "Lite" version offers a MathTimePro replacement for the basic Computer Modern fonts. The Lite version may also be used as an evaluation of MTPro2 - if you like Lite, order the Complete set and receive full credit. If you like Lite, youll love Complete!
- This short video describes key features of the font set: http://pctex.com/videos/mtpro2/overview/overview.html (4:43)
- This video describes additional fonts and features included with MathTime Professional II: bold and heavy math symbols, blackboard fonts, script, fraktur, and Curly fonts.: http://pctex.com/videos/mtpro2/mtpro2/mtpro2.html (11:21)