Timberlake Portugal is organizing a Policy Evaluation training course using Stata. This course aims to provide the full set of tools and techniques that any modern applied economist needs to know. Participants will learn the fundamental principles of modern econometrics and will also learn how to apply the techniques properly using the software Stata.
The course will take place at ISCTE-IUL, located in the center of Lisbon, in September 2018
All courses will be taught in English
Our fifth annual Stata Summer School runs in Lisbon between 16-20 July 2018
The Stata Summer School comprises a series of four separate short courses that allows the flexibility to attend one, a combination of or all courses consecutively.
- The syntax Stata commands
- Most useful commands
- Reproducible research: do-files
- Easy programming: ado-files
- The Potential Outcomes Framework
- Regression Methods and Weighting
- Matching, Regression Discontinuity Design
- Panel Data and Diff-in-Diff
- The Control Function Approach
- GMM estimation and Instrumental Variables
- Local Average Treatment Effects
- Maximum Likelihood Estimation
- Confirmatory Factor Analysis
- Path Analysis and Structural Equation Models
- Latent Growth and Group Comparisons
- Generalized Linear Models
- Categorical Responses
- Models for Counts and Survival/Duration Data
- Nested and Crossed Random Effects
Academic Staff, Masters / PHD students and professionals that need to analyses data. It aims to offer an effective way to reach an advanced level of econometric analysis. Therefore, in order to get the most out of the course, basic knowledge of statistics and econometrics is required. The course will be taught in English.
DAY 1: Introduction to Stata
No prior knowledge of Stata required. Knowledge of using other statistical software is an advantage but not necessary.
DAY 2: The Rubin Causal Model under Unconfoundedness
A basic understanding of Stata and familiarity with regression analysis are required.
DAY 3: The Rubin Causal Model with Unobserved Confoundedness
Basic knowledge of Stata and Regression Equations and Panel data
DAY 4: Structural Equation Models
Basic knowledge of Stata and SEM
DAY 5: Generalized Structural Equation Models
Basic knowledge of Stata and SEM
Terms & Conditions
- Student registrations: Attendees must provide proof of full time student status at the time of booking to qualify for student registration rate (valid student ID card or authorised letter of enrolment).
- Additional discounts are available for multiple registrations.
- Cost includes course materials, lunch and refreshments.
- Delegates are provided with temporary licences for the software(s) used in the course and will be instructed to download and install the software prior to the start of the course. (Alternatively, laptops can be hired for a fee of £10.00 (ex. VAT) per day).
- If you need assistance in locating hotel accommodation in the region, please notify us at the time of booking.
- Payment of course fees required prior to the course start date.
- Registration closes 5-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- 100% fee returned for cancellations made over 28-calendar days prior to start of the course.
- 50% fee returned for cancellations made 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- No fee returned for cancellations made less than 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
The number of seats available is restricted. Please register early to guarantee your place.