Timberlake Consultants invite you to attend the following 1-day, introductory course to be held in Dubai, UAE on 18 November 2018.
The course will be led by Dr. Samer Kherfi, of the American University of Sharjah, and aims to introduce Stata’s most popular and useful commands and procedures to import, manipulate, transform and manage data as well as to export results into commonly used software. A quick introduction to Stata do-files, log files and also graphics will also be covered. It is ideal for new or beginner level users who want to have a head-start and learn how to use Stata efficiently. The course is hands-on, all participants will be expected to implement several procedures and exercises in Stata.
The course is designed for new or beginner-level users of Stata.
Daily start/end time
- Introduction to Stata
- What is Stata?
- What can you do with Stata?
- Who uses Stata?
- Examine Stata’s different windows
- Command, results, review and variables windows
- Getting help in Stata
- How to get help?
- User-written commands
- The Data Editor and basic data functions
- Importing and exporting data
- The do-file editor and log files
- Manipulation of variables
- Introduction to the by and if commands
- Data management: Appending, merging and reshaping
- Tabulation and summary statistics
- Introduction to graphics
- Exporting to Word and Excel
- Practical session – delegates given a dataset to import to Stata and perform basic variable/data manipulation during sessions
- 75% practical and 25% theory.
- Kohler, U., and Kreuter, F., (2009). Data Analysis Using Stata, 2nd Ed., Stata Press. (Available in the Timberlake Bookshop)
Daily Timetable (subject to minor changes)
(Subject to minor changes):
This is a beginner’s course to Stata so no prior knowledge of Stata is required. Having knowledge of how a statistical package operates and basic statistics is an advantage.
For full Training Courses Terms & Conditions please click here.
Payment of course fees required prior to the course start date.
Registration closes 5-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- 100% fee returned for cancellations made over 28-calendar days prior to start of the course.
- 50% fee returned for cancellations made 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- No fee returned for cancellations made less than 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.