This course introduces a potential and new users of Stata to the world of a very powerful statistical software. It is designed for practitioners from various institutions (public and private) as well as faculty and students. The approach taken in this class follows the learning process that would allow students to start developing the knowledge and skills necessary to implement Stata in their own data management as well as statistical and econometrics needs. The comprehensive understanding of principles of Stata by learning through interactive classroom experience is a core of this short course. Learning Stata by doing Stata exercises with the real data from public domain allows students to discover the benefits of Stata. After this short course, the participants should be comfortable to start working on their own project(s) using Stata.
Payment in Zloty: Commercial 600 PLN / Academic 400 PLN / Student 250 PLN. Please contact Timberlake Poland to register: Tel: +48 600 370 435 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course contains 3 interactive parts:
- Basics of Stata
Preparation of data for analysis
- Stata interface vs. programming
- Syntax of Stata commands, do-files, log-files, results
- Stata resources
Introduction to analysis of data
- Importing and/or entering your own data into Stata
- Merging, appending, reshaping, and collapsing data files
- Generating and replacing variables
- Variable and value labels
- Global and local macros, loops
- Basic descriptive statistics
- Some econometrics: model(s) estimation, testing, fit, and interpretation
- Graphs and output tables
- A Prior knowledge of Stata is not assumed.
Terms & Conditions
- Student registrations: Attendees must provide proof of full time student status at the time of booking to qualify for student registration rate (valid student ID card or authorised letter of enrolment).
- Additional discounts are available for multiple registrations.
- Attendees are provided with temporary licences for the software(s) used in the course and will be instructed to download and install the software prior to the start of the course.
- If you need assistance in locating hotel accommodation in the region, please notify us at the time of booking.
- Payment of course fees required prior to the course start date.
- Registration closes 5-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- 100% fee returned for cancellations made over 28-calendar days prior to start of the course.
- 50% fee returned for cancellations made 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- No fee returned for cancellations made less than 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
The number of seats available is restricted. Please register early to guarantee your place.