This course provides overview of Stata capabilities and introduction to this statistical software. We teach using learning by doing techniques and provide several examples. The course focuses on basic syntax, using built-in documentation and help files and finally data management routines.
Payment in Zloty: Commercial 600 PLN / Academic 400 PLN / Student 250 PLN. Please contact Timberlake Poland to register: Tel: +48 600 370 435 / Email: email@example.com
It is a comprehensive introduction to Stata targeted at non-users of this software.
By taking a learning by doing approach the aim is to turn new users into confident ones, employing plenty of examples and challenging exercises.
The course concentrates on understanding basic syntax and deciphering Stata's extensive and coherent help files and documentation. Participants leave with the know-how and courage to independently solve their own statistical problems. The course is flexible.The agenda emerges dynamically and depends on prior background and knowledge of Stata.
After taking the course all participants should be able to:
- Open, import, export, browse and edit datasets
- Make basic operations on variables
- Locate commands in roll-down Stata menu
- Input basic command from command line
- Work using logs files and do-files
- Create basic tables and graphs
- A prior knowledge of Stata is not assumed.
Terms & Conditions
- Student registrations: Attendees must provide proof of full time student status at the time of booking to qualify for student registration rate (valid student ID card or authorised letter of enrolment).
- Additional discounts are available for multiple registrations.
- Attendees are provided with temporary licences for the software(s) used in the course and will be instructed to download and install the software prior to the start of the course.
- If you need assistance in locating hotel accommodation in the region, please notify us at the time of booking.
- Payment of course fees required prior to the course start date.
- Registration closes 5-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- 100% fee returned for cancellations made over 28-calendar days prior to start of the course.
- 50% fee returned for cancellations made 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- No fee returned for cancellations made less than 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
The number of seats available is restricted. Please register early to guarantee your place.