The Practice of Econometrics with EViews
Date: 17-20 September, 2012
Location: Cass Business School, London, UK
Level: Introductory / Intermediate
Course Duration: 4-days
Delivered By: Prof. Sean Holly, University of Cambridge
Timberlake Consultants, official distributor of EViews, invite you to attend the following four-day course to be held at Cass Business School, London, UK.
The fields of econometrics and statistics are constantly expanding providing as a result great advances in quantitative methods to analyse and forecast data. At the same time, econometrics and statistics are becoming more confusing in the sense that the modern menu of methods is so vast that a practitioner may find difficult to choose the appropriate methodology or the practice that best fits a quantitative task.
This course provides a review and practical guide to several major and popular econometric methodologies used in time-series and panel data analysis. The objective is to provide a practical and systematic approach to econometric modelling and make sense of the vast amount of available econometric techniques. Each methodology discussed is illustrated with real data examples in EViews.
The course will be delivered using EViews 7.
|Classical Linear Regression Model||Error Correction Models|
|Diagnostic testing||Cointegration Analysis|
|ARIMA Models||Panel Data Analysis|
|Non-Stationary Time-Series||Estimating and Setting up a Model Within EViews|
|VAR Analysis||Dynamic and Static Solutions of a Model|
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at economists and applied econometricians who deal with different types of data and projects in their day-to-day work. Professionals who are interested to learn different techniques and raise their awareness of possible methodologies that can be used in their current or future projects will greatly benefit from this course.
Basic knowledge of statistics and regression analysis. Experience with EViews is not required. Previous experience with econometrics is desirable.
Cost: (Per Participant)
|Early Registrations||Late Registrations
|Commercial / government||£1,440.00||£1,800.00|
|Academic / non-profit research||£1,120.00||£1,400.00|
- All costs exclude VAT, where applicable.
- Late Registrations - Registrations made within 6-weeks before the start of the course.
- Student registrations - Attendees must provide proof of full time student status at the time of booking to qualify for student registration rate (valid student ID card or authorised letter of enrolment).
- Additional discounts are available for multiple registrations.
- Cost includes course materials, lunch, refreshments and the use of computers.
The number of delegates is restricted. Register early to guarantee your place.
Terms and ConditionsRegistration closes 5-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- 100% fee returned for cancellations made over 28-calendar days prior to start of the course.
- 50% fee returned for cancellations made 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- No fee returned for cancellations made less than 14-calendar days prior to the start of the course.
- Accommodation bookings are non changeable and non refundable.
« Back to Training Calendar